Safety factors are important to the prosperity of any company. Improving worker health and wellness is really a strong component in supplying a secure working atmosphere. Promoting a proper work atmosphere may also improve a company’s profitability.

The price of health-related lost productivity to employers is $1,685 per worker, or about $225.9 billion yearly. Which includes the financial impact of worker absenteeism along with the more hidden price of presenteeism – when sick employees appear, but too under-the-weather to complete much, except to contaminate others.

Illness could be spread both airborne and thru generally touched surfaces. When an ill worker touches simple things like a lift button, that may contaminate the whole workplace. For instance, an ill person touches a surface like a microwave button within the lunch room to warm up their chicken soup, along with well person uses the microwave to pop their mid-day popcorn that they eat using their hands ) hands to mouth contact as they have to lick the salt off), bingo, germs have spread and today there’s another non productive worker that may hinder income.

As frightening as this can be, you will find easy steps can be created to lessen the outcome and occurrence of negative health related effect on your company. Altering to the touch free towels, tissue and soap dispensers within the restrooms is a terrific way to prevent mix contamination of germs in one person to a different. This eliminate generally touched surfaces and portrays a greater degree of cleanliness for your business.

Getting hands sanitizer available not just on employees desks but in public places and restrooms promotes hands hygiene that is important to reducing illness. Research has proven that just 70% of individuals wash their hands after while using rest room. From the remaining 30%, 15% uses hands sanitizer if it’s available. Good hands hygiene assists in maintaining the health, well-being and productivity of employees while adding to the conclusion of companies.

Surface disinfecting wipes will also be vital that you have during your business. Studies have proven that the average desktop has 400 more germs onto it than a typical toilet seat. Restrooms are cleaned and disinfected frequently but desktops aren’t. What about shared phones? How often is really a phone disinfected? Getting surface sanitizing wipes available where employees can wipe lower generally used surfaces not just promotes wellness but shows a company cares.

These easy steps won’t help to improve productivity minimizing absenteeism, but it will help build moral and client satisfaction.

Similar Posts